Board seeks nominations for winners for Piscataway Excessive Faculty Soccer Stadium
Piscataway, NJ – In connection with a family application, the Piscataway Board of Education will withdraw Dominic Ciardi’s name from Piscataway High School Football Stadium. The board is now trying to rename the PHS football stadium and welcomes nominations from the school community.
The opportunity to designate a school or school facility does not often come up and should be undertaken with care and respect. The naming process is described in Board Guideline 7250 – School and Institution Names. The first step is to advertise from the public names of people who are worthy of this permanent recognition.
The main objective in selecting an awardee is to identify an individual who has inspired and challenged our students and families to pursue the highest ideals of citizenship, science, and community service. This enduring recognition is important for both current members of the school community and future generations.
Sign up for the Piscataway newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.
You have successfully registered for the TAPinto Piscataway newsletter.
- The PHS soccer field may be named for an individual, organization, or group of individuals, geographic locations, historical events, or other symbols that enjoy widespread recognition and support throughout the district.
- As a rule, names are only given to deceased persons if their achievements and their moral character are historical facts. On rare occasions, the board of directors may name a school or facility after someone alive who: (a) has a long history of service for the district, Piscataway parish, New Jersey state, or nation compulsorily deserving of permanent recognition; (b) has an undeniable moral character and is a role model for those who attend or use the school facility; (c) is well known and admired throughout the district; and (d) whose association with the school or institution otherwise advances the objectives set out in this Policy.
To nominate a PHS Football Stadium Award Winner, members of the Piscataway School Community should email Business Administrator David Oliveira at [email protected] by June 11th at 4:00 p.m. that includes:
· Correct name of the nominated award winner
· Nomination for membership of the Piscataway Schools
· Overview of the nominee’s performance and the reasons for which he or she deserves this award
· Contact information of the nominator
All nominations will be considered. The Board’s Culture, Climate and Community Relations Committee will conduct the initial review before the full Board makes a final selection.