Piscataway renamed Excessive College Soccer Stadium; Nominations wished
PISCATAWAY – The Board of Education is accepting nominations to rename the Piscataway High School football stadium.
In connection with the family’s request, the school board will remove Dominic Ciardi’s name from the stadium.
Ciardi’s wife took pride in her husband’s name being honored at the stadium but felt it was the right time to pay homage to someone better known to current Piscataway residents, according to the school district.
Ciardi, a longtime member of the Board of Education, died in 2013.
The naming process is set out in a board guideline. The first step is to find out the public names of anyone the district claims to deserve permanent recognition.
The district said its primary goal in selecting an awardee is to identify an individual who has inspired and challenged students and families in the community to pursue the highest ideals of citizenship, science, and community service.
- The soccer field can be named for an individual, entity, or group of individuals, geographic locations, historical events, or other symbols that enjoy widespread recognition and support throughout the district.
- As a rule, names are only given to deceased persons if their achievements and their moral character are historical facts. On rare occasions, the school board may name a school or facility after a living individual who has long served the district, ward, state, or nation and is compelling enough to deserve permanent recognition. is of undeniable moral character and a role model for those who attend or use school; is well known and admired throughout the district; and whose association with the school or facility otherwise advances the goals set out in the policy of the board of directors
Local:Piscataway wants to ban legal weed deals
Local:The Piscataway Township Council welcomes the newest member
Nominees should be emailed to Business Administrator David Oliveira at [email protected] by June 11th at 4:00 p.m. This includes:
- Correct name of the nominated award winner
- Nominee affiliation of the award winner to Piscataway schools
- Overview of the nominee’s achievements and reasons why he deserves this award
- Contact information of the nominator
The first review will be done by the school board’s culture, climate and relationships committee before a final board selection is made, the district said.
Email: [email protected]
Susan Loyer covers Middlesex County and more for MyCentralJersey.com. To get unrestricted access to their work, subscribe or activate your digital account today.