The household of an 8-year-old woman who was killed after a highschool soccer sport in 2019 speaks of unsolved homicide

ST. LOUIS, MO. – The family of an 8-year-old girl shot dead in North St. Louis appeals for justice.

Jurnee Thompson’s father says it has been more than a year since the fatal shooting and he’s not giving up trying to find justice for his daughter.

It’s been more than a year since the shooting took place on the 1100 block of Union.

Young Jurnee was leaving a soccer game and jamboree from Soldan High School when someone opened fire. Several people were wounded, but Jurnee did not survive.

Her father, Rasheed Thompson, said he would never forget the moment when he did not hear his daughter’s voice.

“She was a lovely, loving child; she loved her family,” Thompson said.

Uplifting news: St. Louis businessman picks up tabs at the Pasta House and then shares big tips

Jurnee was one of four people who were shot that August evening in 2019. Police helped control the crowd when the shots were fired about a block from the football field.

In addition to Jurnee, two 16-year-old boys and a 64-year-old woman were wounded. Jurnee’s 13-year-old sister was with her.

“I told people to help my sister,” said Shardae Edmonson. “I wanted her to survive. I didn’t want my sister to die like this. “

Trending article: Social media post about targeted Illinois gym students going viral

Jurnee’s father says she is a smart little girl with a smile that would brighten any room. The family wants someone to provide information that will result in an arrest.

“I’m seeking justice for Jurnee,” said her father. “The police say it’s still an open case. I’ll ask the killer to come forward.”

The St. Louis City Police Department confirmed that the case is still an active and open case.

So far the police have no suspects or motives. The police encourage anyone with information to contact Crimestoppers 1-866-371-TIPS (8477).

Close modally

Suggest a correction

Comments are closed.